What Does the Funeral Consumers Alliance Do?
- Contract with local funeral home to give our members best prices for cremation and funeral services.
- Provides members with information about laws, practices and forms pertaining to death, burial, cremation, anatomical gifts and related subjects.
- Offers resources to help you plan for your funeral while you are able to make decisions that are right for you and your family.
- Provides a mortuary price survey (odd years) and cemetery price survey (even years)
- Gives you forms on which to record the kind of arrangements you prefer. Do you want family and friends to make charitable gifts in your memory to your favorite charitable organization rather than send flowers?
- Provides reciprocity with other affiliates around the U.S. if you move or die while traveling.
- Maintains information on funeral directors who are willing to cooperate with your choices including contracted providers offering special prices to members.
- Monitors legislation pertaining to funeral practices to insure that freedom of choice in arrangements is preserved.
- Provides free speakers on request to various civic or religious groups.